LEAD TIME: 8 WEEKS
As featured on Metal Jesus Rocks' YouTube channel, this custom Freeplay CM3 build offers the best features of the Freeplay world in one convenient package. Enjoy powerful gaming on a modern Raspberry Pi without losing the GBA's familiar form factor.
Freeplaytech's Freeplay CM3 embeds the power of the Raspberry Pi CM3 in the GBA's convenient form factor. The project began as the Game Pie Advance and expanded, thanks to a successful Kickstarter campaign. The Freeplay CM3 was inspired by and runs on RetroPie, which is built on top of Raspbian, Emulation Station, and RetroArch. Please check out those projects.
This console is intended for those with advanced computer knowledge or people with intermediate computer knowledge and a willingness to learn. Users will need to connect to the device through FTP or SSH to configure, remap buttons, upload games, etc. By purchasing this product, you acknowledge that you understand that you're required to read online documentation and forums in order to understand and operate the unit.
Please read the entire product description carefully before placing your order.
- Custom Freeplay CM3 board with built-in brightness control via interface menu
- 3.2" TFT LCD
- 2000mAh battery
- Freeplay L2/R2 add-on board with two extra trigger buttons for PlayStation and N64 support
- Micro SD card
- Fan for improved temperature control
- Glass lens with Freeplaytech logo
- Supports most games up until the Play Station
Make the most out of your CM3 with any of our convenient cables, adapters, and cases.
- Micro USB OTG adapter
- Micro USB OTG cable
- Micro USB cable
- Mini HDMI to HDMI cable
- Protective neoprene sleeve
- Freeplay CM3 image files are available through Google Drive. We recommend using Etcher to burn the image to your Micro SD card should you wish to update your image
- For additional support, please check out Freeplay's troubleshooting guide or their robust forum
- 1 x Pre-built Freeplay CM3 unit
- 3 x Pre-loaded games
- If you want a custom CM3 of your own, please check out build to order Freeplay CM3
- Experienced modders who relish the challenge are invited to check out our Freeplay CM3 DIY Project Builder to build the unit from start to finish
- Looking for a more affordable alternative? Check out our build to order Freeplay Zero
- Four a classic Game Boy Advance, please look at our build to order GBA
- Purchasing this console requires that you read, test, and learn. If you're not ready to spend the time discovering how this product works, this is not the device for you. For a ready to play GBA, please check out our build to order Game Boy Advance
- Advanced support for the product can be found on the Freeplaytech forum. Additional support may be found on the Retro Pie, Emulation Station, and Game Pie Advance forums
- For customers living in the United States, due to restrictions imposed by USPS surrounding the transportation of LiPo batteries, this product can only be shipped to you via ground transportation, which may extend the time it takes for you to receive your order
- Please note that batteries are prohibited from being shipped into Germany. German customers who have placed orders for this product will be contacted for a refund. Unfortunately, this situation is out of our control. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
- Volume controls are reversed due to space constraints
- Opening your console will void your warranty. We do not accept returns for Freeplay CM3 consoles that have been opened
- Returns based on a failure to understand the complexity of this product will be subject to a 20% restocking fee regardless of whether the return is made within 30 days of the product being shipped
- This unit is handmade and may have slight imperfections or variations
- Retro Modding is not responsible for how you choose to use this device
Thanks to our partnership with Acclaim Canada / Collector Vision, this Freeplay CM3 unit comes with three pre-loaded games.Sydney Hunter & The Caverns of Death
Platform: Super Nintendo
Developer: Collector Vision Games / Acclaim Canada
Sydney Hunter™ & The Caverns of Death is a brand new full-featured retro-style adventure/puzzle platformer for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Armed only with his trusty boomerang, Sydney must navigate dark caverns while avoiding bats, ghosts, hot lava and other obstacles. If you can survive all 12 caverns, you'll be able to win your freedom!
Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribes (Sega Master System + ColecoVision)
Platform: Sega Master System + ColecoVision
Developper: Collector Vision Games / Acclaim Canada
You’re Sydney Hunter, the great adventurer. You’ve been exploring the Yucatán Peninsula, seeking treasures. As you traveled, you were captured in the night by a mysterious tribe. Although they claim they won’t hurt you, you're still their prisoner…