Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
The display you've come to love on your Game Boy Advance is now available on the SP! Enjoy your favorite GBA titles with this startlingly crisp and impressively vibrant backlit IPS LCD display by Funny Playing. These logo free full black and full white kits are available exclusively here!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Suitable for AGS-101 and AGS-001 models
- Backlit IPS LCD brighter than AGS-101 or NDSL displays
- Crisper image than the AGS-101
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Wide viewing angle
- Easy, solder-free installation with little trimming involved
- Brightness control button requires soldering one wire
- Supports the software-based sleep mode built into select games
- 1 x IPS LCD, pre-attached with a Glass lens, either full black or full white.
- 1 x Ribbon cable adapter (compatible with 32 and 40-pin boards)
- 1 x Foam pad
- 1 x Wire for brightness controller
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Advance SP. Please confirm the kit is working before completing the installation. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the included section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- Note that the LCD comes with a pre-attached lens; we do not recommend attempting to remove this lens, as it is adhered directly to the LCD
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.
- We strongly recommend you follow the tutorial linked in the Documentation section, and use one of our professionally trimmed SP shells, to minimize the risk of damage during the installation.
2020-06-16: Product page created.
looks amazing (better than expected) and works great the little ribbon cable is kind of hard to connect to the PCB without the little hard plastic bit the original one had on its connector (or at least mine had this) the soldering was also easier than expected even with the wrong solder (all I had on hand) now the only complaint I had is that the brightness gets reset every time you start your console but this is a really minor thing just like the battery life being slightly less but that is to be expected.
TLDR: works great buy this one if you need it!
Was easy to install and a great mod to my SP. would easily recommend it to any one of various skill levels
The display is from what I can tell a top notch one. No dead pixels and very bright and vibrant colors.
Furthermore, the installation is fairly easy.
10/10 would buy it again
Game Boy Advance SP IPS LCD
This product is absolutely fulfilling for breathing fresh air into ya handheld. Pre cut shell was used as well. Superb Screen