Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Backlight your Game Boy Color with this trim-free, solder-free LCD solution. It's never been easier to enjoy your favorite GBC games on a beautiful backlit screen.
For a polished aesthetic, pair this kit with one of our custom Game Boy Color glass screen lenses.
- Completely trim-free solution
- True drop-in solution—no soldering necessary
- Bright, backlit LCD
- 5-level brightness adjustment with touch-control
- Effective power management for battery longevity
- Preserves the GBC's aspect ratio
- 1 x Game Boy Color backlit LCD
- 1 x Ribbon cable
- 1 x PCB
- 1 x Set of spacers
- This product has a slightly smaller viewing area than the original GBC screen. Custom glass lenses sized for the smaller viewing area are available in black and white
- Center the LCD using double-sided tape
- We recommend placing the touch controller at the top of the console, opposite to the infrared sensor
- This LCD is also used in the Neo Geo Pocket Color backlight kit with a different ribbon cable
- Avoid placing pressure directly on the screen. Hold the edges of the drop-in kit carefully when installing it in your console. Do not pinch the screen between your fingers when manipulating it
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
Bought this to replace the stock LCD on my GBC which has somehow suffered terrible screen burn. The biggest hurdle is that instructions were not provided with the kit. I had to use my imagination on what the piece of clear plastic adhesive is for (stuck it to the back side of the GBC's PCB so it won't make contact with the LCD's control board and short out), how to install the 3D-printed shim, and work out how to bend and fold the LCD boards' ribbon cables to sit flush in the case. As seen in included picture I eventually have it working, and it does work great. Didn't mind the smaller viewing area, and very happy that I didn't need to bring a dremel or cutters to my beloved GBC's case. Just wish at least a small instruction sheet explaining what some of the parts included was for.
I did not install the brightness touch sensor - on the revision sent to me, it's optional.
Fantastic. Makes playing the old games of my childhood bearable.
Great little screen, and easy to install. As the description says, no soldering or modding required.
The touch sensor to control the brightness seems to work on my solid purple GBC even though it’s not on the IR sensor side. It’s nice because I didn’t have to remove or cover the IR sensor.
The only problem was that I was initially sent the wrong screen kit so I was unable to install the first screen I was sent. But after emailing customer service they sent me a label to send it back and sent me the correct screen kit shortly after. Not ideal that I was sent the wrong screen at first, but the process to return it and get the correct one was very smooth.
The display quality is great but the sensor for brightness adjustment is not easily accessible. It is advertised to function within the area of the IR sensor but does not line up at all.
Nice quality screen, slightly smaller then the normal one but its not that bad at all. I don't notice it. and it looks great!