The Freeplay Zero is inspired by and runs RetroPie, which is built on top of Raspbian, EmulationStation, and RetroArch. With this convenient DIY project builder, you can build a next-generation retro video game console that looks like your favorite classic handheld.
This product is intended to be an empowering DIY project. Please familiarize yourself with the project's requirements before purchasing. For hardware specifics, please check out the original Kickstarter.
Please read the entire product description carefully before placing your order.
- Select the base kit you want (Zero or CM3), or leave it empty if you're providing your own base kit
- Choose your shell, button, and start-select silicone pad colors
- Select a lens type and color
- Add a Micro SD card in a size of your choosing or leave it empty if youre providing your own
- Add accessories as necessary
- Freeplaytech provides a detailed setup guide, which we recommend you read before placing an order
- Freeplay Zero image files are available through Google Drive. We recommend using Etcher to burn the image to your Micro SD card
- For additional support, please check out Freeplay's troubleshooting guide or their robust forum
- You will receive individual parts, not a pre-built console. For pre-build consoles, please check out our build to order service for the Freeplay Zero and Freeplay CM3
- We depend on Freeplaytech for this product. Please subscribe to Freeplaytech newsletter to receive continuous production updates
- As of 2019, the circuit board now comes with the backlight brightness controller built-in and includes additional options for how you can implement the X/Y buttons
- For more information on the different X and Y button configurations, please watch Freeplay tech's button option video included at the end of this product description
- Silicone pads and 4 soft-rubber buttons for GBA-style buttons are added to the product builder by default. Please deselect them if you do not need them for your build
- For customers living in the United States, due to restrictions imposed by USPS surrounding the transportation of LiPo batteries, this product can only be shipped to you via ground transportation, which may extend the time it takes for you to receive your order
- Please note that batteries are prohibited from being shipped into Germany. German customers who have placed orders for this kit will be contacted for a refund. Unfortunately, this situation is out of our control. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
- Retro Modding is not responsible for how you choose to use this device