Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
The display you've come to love on your Game Boy Advance is now available on the SP! Enjoy your favorite GBA titles with this startlingly crisp and impressively vibrant backlit IPS LCD display by Funny Playing. These logo free full black and full white kits are available exclusively here!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Suitable for AGS-101 and AGS-001 models
- Backlit IPS LCD brighter than AGS-101 or NDSL displays
- Crisper image than the AGS-101
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Wide viewing angle
- Easy, solder-free installation with little trimming involved
- Brightness control button requires soldering one wire
- Supports the software-based sleep mode built into select games
- 1 x IPS LCD, pre-attached with a Glass lens, either full black or full white.
- 1 x Ribbon cable adapter (compatible with 32 and 40-pin boards)
- 1 x Foam pad
- 1 x Wire for brightness controller
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Advance SP. Please confirm the kit is working before completing the installation. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the included section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- Note that the LCD comes with a pre-attached lens; we do not recommend attempting to remove this lens, as it is adhered directly to the LCD
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.
- We strongly recommend you follow the tutorial linked in the Documentation section, and use one of our professionally trimmed SP shells, to minimize the risk of damage during the installation.
2020-06-16: Product page created.
This screen is so great. Makes playing old GBA games like a whole new experience. You do need some soldering skills for the brightness control, but other than that it was easy to install. Would definitely buy again.
Game Boy Advance SP IPS LCD
Simply fantastic, takes a bit of modding to fit (even more than what is in retro modding's tutorial) but this screen just so great it's completely worth it.
The screen itself looks fantastic. A huge upgrade from the old frontlit screen that was in the console originally. The only complaint I have is the fact that the glass lens doesn't have the holographic text beneath the screen. I understand that it's probably a licensing issue, which is why I am giving the part 5 stars and not 4.
As far as actual installation goes, it was fairly difficult for me to modify the original shell to make room for the new screen. I am fairly experienced with the type of work necessary for this mod, and it was moderately challenging. If this is your first mod, I'd recommend extreme caution with the shell cutting and soldering. It's not impossible, but it will be difficult for someone with no experience.
Game Boy Advance SP IPS LCD