This custom, high-quality, long-lasting rechargeable battery pack is designed especially for the Game Boy Advance.
The product consists of a board and an attached, rechargeable LiPo battery. The unit fits comfortably in the console's battery compartment with minimal trimming. It charges via micro USB without you having to turn off your console.
Please read the entire product description carefully before purchasing this product. Remember to turn the battery pack on before powering on your console.
- Provides up to 20 hours of battery life on an unmodded console and up to 10 hours on a fully modded console at maximum brightness with an amplifier at maximum volume
- 2.5 hour charging time
- Rechargeable via micro USB (1 Amp / 2.1 Amp / 3 Amp) and works with most external phone chargers or battery pack chargers
- Allows you to play while charging through micro USB (trimmed battery door recommended)
- Includes built-in battery pack status LED indicator for low battery, charging, charged
- Includes innovative power regulator that activates the GBA's built-in low battery LED when the rechargeable battery pack is low
- Red light on battery pack lights up when voltage drops to low-power mode (5 minutes of play remaining) as a final warning to save your game or recharge the battery pack
- Storage mode feature puts the battery in ultra low power mode when not in use for an extended period of time
- Simple install with minimal trimming required—no need to open the GBA shell
- Easily removable from your GBA
- Includes built in protection against reverse polarity, low-voltage, under-voltage, and short-circuits
- Dimensions: 52.6 mm x 31.25 mm x 13 mm
- Weight: 32 grams (3-gram PCB + 29-gram LiPo)
- Typical Operating Output voltage: 3.0 V
- Low-Battery Operating Output Voltage: 2.4 V
- Battery Voltage when Fully Charged: 4.2 V
- Battery Chemistry: LiPo 3.7 V single cell
- Battery Cell Size: 1000 mAh or 1400 mAh
- Power Converter Technology: Current Mode Buck-Boost Converter
- Switching Frequency: 0.8 to 1.2 MHz
- Max Operating Temperature: 85°C
- Power Save Mode: Yes
- Short Circuit Protection: Yes, 1 Amp
- Charger Input: Micro USB Plug
- Micro USB Voltage Input Range: 4.55 to 6 V
- Recommended Charger Micro USB Voltage: 5.1 V
- Recommended Charger Micro USB Wattage: >1 W (1 A at 5 V)
- Termination Style: Spring Tabs and Micro USB
- Standard Charge Current: 500 mA
- Standard Charge Time: ~2.5 hours
- Standard Runtime: ~20 hours
- LED Indicators: Green (charged), blue (charging), red (low)
- Add a pre-trimmed replacement battery door in a color of your choosing. We offer two trims:
- Trimmed for GBA battery pack so you can recharge your battery pack without having to remove the battery door
- LED pipe so you can easily check the status of your battery pack. Please note that the option to include this diffuser is not necessary on clear shells since you can already see the battery LED through the transparent door.
- Micro USB Power Adapter
- Micro USB Cable
- An installation guide is available to walk you through how to trim your shell for the rechargeable battery pack
- This Does Not Compute has reviewed this product
- 1 x 1400 mAh Game Boy Advance Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Any accessories selected above
- Battery packs ship with the switch set to OFF. Please remember to turn the battery pack ON before powering on your console.
- Depending on where we are in production, this product may have a lead time of up to 2 weeks
- Our battery packs are produced in-house, meaning some production time is always involved. Each battery goes through a rigorous quality assurance process before shipping. Even if you don't order a trimmed battery door, please be advised that there may be up to 2 weeks lead time on this product.
- Selecting a trimming option can add up to 4 weeks of production time to your order.
- Parts of the console's battery compartment need to be trimmed in order for the battery pack to fit into the shell. We strongly recommend purchasing an aftermarket Game Boy Advance shell to avoid damaging your genuine shell.
- These battery packs have been made with aftermarket shells in mind.
- Battery cover does not need to be trimmed if you prefer to keep the console's original aesthetic, but this option requires removing the battery cover whenever you want to charge the battery pack.
- The 1000 mAh version has been discontinued in favor of our Ultimate 1400 mAh model
- Product images are from our second prototype. The product you receive may vary slightly from what's depicted on the product page with respect to color, dimensions, and LED positioning
- If, at any point, you want to return to using AA batteries, all you need to do is put the metal contact back in the housing and insert your AA batteries. Even though the shell was trimmed for the battery pack, the AA batteries will fit safely and will power on your console
- Customers who wish to purchase more than one battery are encouraged to purchase accessories separately through their individual product pages since the quantity for the accessories cannot be adjusted from this page
- Due to restrictions imposed by USPS, batteries going to the United States can only be shipped via ground transportation, which may extend the time it takes for you to receive your order
- Please note that batteries are prohibited from being shipped into Germany. Orders for individual batteries and for custom consoles with this battery packs will be cancelled and refunded. Unfortunately, this situation is out of our control. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
- This product is fragile and should be handled with care. It uses a 1400 mAh rechargeable Lithium ion polymer (LiPo) battery and, as with all LiPo batteries, it can leak or explode if not handled properly. By purchasing this battery pack, you acknowledge that you take responsibility for how you treat this product
- Do not force the battery to fit in the Game Boy Advance battery compartment. Trim more plastic away from your shell until you guarantee a good fit
- Do not leave your battery pack unattended if it's close to a heat source
- We recommend not removing and reinserting the battery pack more than you have to. Once you have installed it in your system, leave it there and charge it either by removing the battery door or by trimming the battery door to fit the charger. Repeated removal of the battery pack can cause premature wear on the outer foil, leading to potential hazards
2019-08-01: Added note about accessory quantities when purchasing more than one battery pack
2019-07-31: Added note that batteries cannot currently be shipped to Germany.