EXPECTED SHIPPING, EARLY MARCH
PSIO is simply a development cartridge that plugs into your PlayStation’s Parallel I/O Port. It allows you to instantly see your software running from an SD Card on real hardware, making it the ultimate developers tool, as well as making it invaluable for debugging.
You understand that in order for PSIO to work with your system, a Switch Board needs to be installed on your mainboard. If you require this to be done for you, please purchase a “Mainboard Modification Service”. Please also note that PSIO will not work on systems without a “Parallel I/O” port.
- Switch Board Kit Wire: Kynar, Green, 90 CM, 28 AWG, Single Core, Silver Plated Copper.
- USB Port: Female, Type Mini-B.
- SD Card Required: Standard SDHC, FAT32, 32GB Maximum.
- System Model Compatibility: “Parallel I/O” port modelled systems only.
- Power Consumption: 174 mA (peak).
- RoHs Compliant: No (Leaded Solder).
PlayStation Model Compatibility List:
- PSIO Cartridge (Boxed, Shrink Wrapped and framed internally with a Moulded Plastic Insert),
- Switch Board Kit (Switch Board, 90 CM of Kynar Wire and a Label),
- Documents (Quick Start Guide).
This product is NOT plug and play out of the box and DOES require modification to the PlayStation console to operate. Returns due to a failure of understanding this will be subject to a 20% restocking fee and no refund on shipping costs. We consider this an Intermediate Level modification. Meaning only those with some experience modding, soldering, etc. should attempt this modification. Retro Modding nor the manufacturer will warranty modifications that are not done by an approved modding service provider. If you do not feel comfortable modding the system yourself we recommend you do not buy the product.