DIY Project Builder - Game BoyRetro Modding
If you're looking to skip the lead time on a build-to-order console, or you're looking for a DIY project, this project builder is for you! Identical to our build-to-order console form, the only difference is we don't assemble the console; that's up to you!
If you're looking to build a console using an IPS display, please use the IPS project builder here.
Please note: this project builder does not include a DMG board; you will need to supply that yourself.
Customize the look of your dream console with over 580,000 possible shell and button combinations. For product colors, please check out our individual product pages:
- Game Boy shells
- Game Boy buttons
- DMG style Game Boy buttons feature convex A and B buttons and the D-pad has lines along the arms
- NES style Game Boy buttons feature concave (curved in) A and B buttons and the D-pad has arrows along the arms
- Game Boy Start-Select silicone pads
Choose from a variety of backlight colors; if you would prefer an IPS LCD, the IPS project builder can be found here.
Tools and Accessories
USB Power Adapters and AC Power Adapters are offered as optional power accessories
- Neoprene sleeves are available in a variety of colors to keep your console well protected and away from dust
- Colors may vary from what you see on your display
- These are aftermarket products and may not feel identical to their genuine counterpart