Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
If you have a modded Game Boy Color that has a touch brightness sensor, or simply want to add a little bit of extra color to your console, these custom 3D-printed IR covers are for you! These covers fit both OEM and aftermarket shells, and fit the touch brightness sensor on the IPS LCD and similar backlit LCDs.
- 3D-printed replacement IR port cover
- Compatible with both OEM and aftermarket shells
- Available in a variety of colors
- Wide enough to fit the IPS touch sensor, while also thin enough to register touch input
- Satisfying textured feel
In order for this IR cover to be compatible with all Game Boy Color shells, there are risers on each side that may need to be removed. These are a different color than the rest of the IR cover, to make them easy to identify. Attempt to fit the IR cover into the shell; if the IR cover does not fit, gently break off these risers with a pair of side cutters.
If you would like to print a touch sensor cover yourself, you can find the file on our Thingiverse page here.
- 1 x Game Boy Color IR Touch Sensor Cover
- Colors may vary from what you see on your display
- While this product is designed for and functions with touch sensors such as the one used with the IPS, the IR sensor will likely not function
I bought a white one to go with my white shell and it was awesome. I didn’t have to trim it for my IPS shell so it made it so easy to put in.
Nice aftermarket IR cover. The fit was perfect with the IPS display. Just break off the 2 black tabs.
I needed something to top off my Chameleon Gameboy color build.
The purple ir sensor is what I chose. 👍🏻
Great piece of kit
I love it's already attached to the cable and all you need to do it stick it to a location of your liking. For one of them i stuck it to the shell 🐚 for fast and sensitive brightness control. For my personal one i lift it on the motherboard so i hold it a bit hard so it changes my brightness without puttimg it down and going dark on me. Ooops this it for the ips screen
My IR sensor is green and the color is so vibrent it stands out from my transparent gamboy color 10/10