Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
This screen offers a superior backlight, great contrast, and a comparable refresh rate to the original Game Boy LCD. Kindly note that this is not a drop-in kit. Soldering is required for the existing speaker and for two backlight wires.
Custom lenses sized for the 3" display are available here.
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Bright white backlight
- Backlight color can be changed by replacing the 0805 SMD LEDs
- Suited for static or slow moving games or applications
- 1 x Custom front PCB
- 1 x Ribbon cable
- 1 x 3-inch backlit LCD
- Due to the STN construction of the LCD, there are contrast artifacts on heavy grey images but they don't often occur during gameplay. We believe the benefits of the backlit LCD outweigh this flaw
- The LCD has a similar blur and latency to the original. This product is not suited for fast-moving, high-graphics games like DKC. It's best used for static or slow moving RPGs, Pokémon, Tetris, LSDJ, etc.
- Shell modification is required to install this product. You will need to enlarge the viewing window on the front of the shell. We offer a shell trimming service with the purchase of any of our Game Boy shells
- You will need to provide your own glass lens for the enlarged viewing window; you can also purchase an appropriately sized lens here
Owned several Bennvenn products before, including the 3" DMG LCD. The quality is superb.