Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
If you're looking for a crisp, full-sized backlit LCD for your Game Boy, look no further than this IPS LCD kit. This kit contains everything required to give your old DMG a bright new display. In addition, the viewing area is the same size as the stock display, meaning no special lens is required!
We're offering this product both as a DIY kit, and a pre-assembled drop-in. The DIY kit will provide you with all that you need to install this LCD, and will require some soldering for the Game Boy speaker(not included). The pre-assembled drop-in will come with the kit pre-assembled, and will include a new GameBoy speaker already soldered to the PCB.
Important: Please note, the v3 and v4 kits use different brackets. Product photo is currently of the v3 kit.
- LCD replacement for original Game Boy
- Includes replacement front PCB with button contacts
- Minor soldering is required (two wires)
- Minor shell trimming required (screw posts need to be cut)
- Same viewing area as the original display
- Multiple color modes to choose from
- New to v4: "color adjust" option to allow for further customization of color palette
- Brightness control (replaces contrast wheel)
v3 DIY Kit:
- 1x IPS LCD
- 1x Front PCB
- 1x Video Driver PCB
- 1x Front PCB Ribbon Cable
- 1x Video Driver PCB Ribbon Cable
- 1x 3D-printed bracket
- 1x Adhesive
v4 DIY Kit:
- 1 x IPS LCD
- 1 x Front PCB
- 1 x Video Driver PCB
- 1 x Front PCB Ribbon Cable
- 1 x Video Driver PCB Ribbon Cable
- 1 x Glass Screen Lens
- 1 x 3D-Printed Bracket
- The files for the V3 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here
- The files for the V4 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here
- This is an aftermarket product and may not feel identical to its genuine counterpart
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the tape, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD.
- Some minor shell modification is required, involving cutting the screw posts on the interior front of the shell. This trimming can be accomplished with a pair of side cutters.
- For v4 kits, the display on the LCD may be misaligned to the viewport; holding the brightness wheel will bring up an options display, where you can adjust the horizontal and vertical position of the image to align it with the console viewport
- On-screen battery display is a rough estimate, and may not be accurate
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
Game Boy IPS LCD (RIPS)
Game Boy IPS LCD (RIPS)
Excellent device. Not that hard to install. Make sure you buy the right screwdriver because the case screws are not phillips. Works better than new!
This drop in kit is ready to install, and a game changer! It works great! I would rather use original buttons and membranes since these are nosier and almost "clicky", but screen is awesome
It's was easy to install and looks beautiful