Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
PSIO is a development cartridge that plugs into the PlayStation's parallel I/O port and allows you to run software from an SD card on your PS hardware. It's the ultimate developer tool and an invaluable asset for debugging.
Please note that this is not a plug-and-play product. In order for PSIO to work with your system, you need to install a switch board on your mainboard. PSIO will not work on systems without a parallel I/O port.
- Loads disc images from SD card
- Supports SD cards between 8 GB (SDHC) and 512 GB (SDXC)
- Supports hot swapping SD cards within the menu system
- Simple, functional menu system design
- Software images load instantly without copy to memory routines
- Compatible with 99.8% of software titles, including multi-disc titles
- All firmware is locally upgradable without any special cables
- Switch board kit included with each cartridge
- Supports BIN, ISO, and IMG files
- Can boot original discs from the CD-ROM drive
- Full custom centering of the screen position
- Supports Multi-Tap, DUAL-SHOCK, and Lightgun peripherals
- Switch Board Kit Wire: Kynar, green, 90 cm, 28 AWG, single core, silver plated copper
- USB Port: Mini-B
- SD Card Support: Standard SDHC, FAT 32, 32 GB maximum
- System Model Compatibility: Parallel I/O port systems only
- Power Consumption: 174 mA (peak).
- RoHs Compliant: No (leaded solder).
- PSIO cartridge
- Switch board kit (board + Kynar wire + label)
- Quick start guide
- This product is compatible with the following PlayStation models
- This product is not plug-and-play. In order for this product to be operational, you must modify your PlayStation console. Returns due to a failure to understand this will be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- We consider the mod to be an intermediate level project. Only those with some experience modding, soldering, etc. should attempt this product. Neither Retro Modding nor the manufacturer will provide a warranty on this modification. If you do not feel comfortable modding the system yourself, we recommend you refrain from purchasing this product.
This plays everything I've thrown at it so far. The only thing that bugs me is having to combine bin files into a single file on some images but its a minor complaint. All in all, I am VERY happy with it and would recommend it easily.
I haven’t yet received my product. A month has passed, I know it is corrona times, but it is a long wait for me.
I'm sorry to hear you did not receive your package yet.
According to the tracking number, it arrived in your country early in February. It should be yours soon.
If you would like more details and have more questions, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
The RM Team