One of the major differences between the NA and EU Game Gear models is in the D-pad; the D-pad on the EU model has a pivot ball on the underside, which NA models lack.
While our replacement Game Gear buttons were designed for the NA model (and therefore lack this pivot ball), this 3D-printed adapter can simply be inserted beneath the D-pad to serve this function. It can even be used on NA consoles, for those who would prefer a pivot ball style D-pad!
For all of our European customers purchasing our Game Gear buttons, use code GGEU at checkout to receive a 100% discount on your pivot ball adapter (one free adapter for each purchased button set)!
Custom designed and 3D-printed pivot ball adapter for use on EU model Game Gears
- Available in black, blue, green, and clear
If you'd like to 3D print your own D-Pad Adapter, our .STL file is open source and available on Thingiverse.
- 1 x Game Gear D-Pad Pivot Ball Adapter, in the color of your choice
- This would also require changing the silicone pad for the D-pad; silicone pads are not included
- Colors may vary from what you see on your display
- This is an aftermarket product and may not feel identical to its genuine counterpart
- The GGEU discount code will give you a 100% discount on one pivot ball for each set of Game Gear buttons in your cart; be sure to have both the button set and the pivot ball adapter in your cart for the code to work