Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
When your video game cartridge's battery has gone dry, pick up one of these replacements to restore save functionality to your game and regain access to battery-backed features. We offer CR1616, CR2025, and CR2032 replacement batteries to keep your games going!
- Compatible with Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis cartridges
- Restores battery-backed features like save files and in-game clocks (such as those in the Pokémon games)
- Batteries include solder tabs to simplify installation
- CR1616, CR2025, and CR2032 models available
- 1 x Replacement battery in a model of your choosing
- Depending on your cartridge, you will either need a security bit or a tri-wing screwdriver to open the game cartridge and identify and replace your battery. These tools are offered separately or as part of our video game console repair tool set
- Before placing your order, open the game cartridge to confirm which type of battery you need by examining the internal circuit board
- We strongly recommend soldering the battery in place to prevent it from disconnecting and erasing your save file
- Make sure you're grounded before prying the battery off the internal circuit board
Exactly what Ruby needed! I had to bend the ends a bit to make it fit and apply some electrical tape to protect the piece under it, but worked like a charm
This is just what I needed to save my old Pokemon games. Thanks Retro Modding!
Video Game Save Battery
works great, was what I needed. Not too hard to install after I got the old one out
batteries are working great!! but be sure to not mess up like me and lose your save files... :P