LEAD TIME: 8 WEEKS
To keep up with demand while reducing our lead time, we've started imposing weekly limits on how many orders we accept. If you see this product is listed as out of stock, please check back next week. Thank you for your patience.
Design the Game Boy Advance of your dreams with our build to order GBA service. This model uses the crisp IPS LCD display for a more modern feel. You'll receive a fully-built console.
The IPS LCD is a sharp, vibrant LCD that's brighter than the AGS-101 (yes, even brighter than the AGS-101 with a voltage regulator). It supports software-based sleep mode and allows you to choose between ten different brightness settings by holding the SELECT button and pressing the left and right triggers.
If you're looking for a custom unit with an unmodified screen or with the AGS-101, please see our other Build to Order Game Boy Advance product page.
Please read the entire product description carefully before placing your order. Limited quantities available each week.
Base Price Includes
- AGB-001 donor console
- IPS LCD kit (V2)
- IPS LCD centering bracket
- Shell trimming for the centered IPS LCD installation
- 3-wire brightness control installation
- Time and labor to build the custom console according to your needs.
Customize the look of your dream console with over 6,000 possible shell and button combinations. For product colors, please check out our individual product pages:
- Game Boy Advance shells
- Game Boy Advance buttons
- For additional customization options, check the "override button color" field to select individual colors for each button, bumper, and trigger!
- Game Boy Advance Start-Select silicone pads
- Silk screen glass lenses are available in full black or black with holographic GBA logo
- Retro Modding's Game Boy Advance Ultimate Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Provides up to 14 hours of continuous play
- USB rechargeable battery
- Can be trimmed to allow you to recharge your battery without having to remove the battery door
- Can be trimmed for a LED pipe so you can keep an eye on the battery light without having to remove the battery door (not necessary on clear shells)
- All GBA IPS units ordered on after August 1, 2019 will be built using the upgraded ribbon cable V2, which eliminates the screen tearing from the first iteration
- All build to order IPS GBA consoles are centered using our centering bracket.
- For best results, use lithium batteries, NiMH batteries, or our rechargeable battery pack
- This unit comes with two authenticity stickers: a GBA sticker with a unique serial number and a 3D printed Retro Modding sticker
- All units are tested prior to shipping
- Cartridge slots are cleaned and tested prior to the unit being built and shipped. We strongly recommend carefully cleaning all carts using isopropyl alcohol before inserting them into your new unit in order to avoid dirtying the pins
- Due to restrictions imposed by USPS, units with battery packs going to the United States can only be shipped via ground transportation, which may extend the time it takes for you to receive your order
- Please note that battery packs are prohibited from being shipped into Germany. If you place an order for a custom console with a battery pack, the battery pack will be refunded and removed from your order. Unfortunately, this situation is out of our control. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
- Given the interest in our custom consoles, we ask that you please allow up to 8 weeks for your order to be created
- To keep up with demand while reducing our lead time, we've started imposing weekly limits on how many orders we accept. If you see this product is listed as out of stock, please check back again next week. Thank you for your patience and understanding.