Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Introducing the Voltage Regulator V2 (VRV2), our combined in-house voltage regulator and digital brightness controller for Game Boy Advance AGS-101 mods. This compact board provides the appropriate voltage and current to the AGS-101 to produce a clear backlit image while allowing you to control the brightness of your display. Enjoy greater stability and reliability with your next mod.
- All-in-one PCB solution
- Simple 8-wire installation
- Dramatically improves the brightness of the AGS-101 LCD by supplying the appropriate output voltage of 12.2V
- Operating voltage between 1.7V and 3.2V (meaning no flickering with low batteries)
- Supports software-based sleep mode included in select games (Super Mario Bros. 3, Zelda, etc.) through low-power mode
- 3-button in-game brightness selection
- 12 brightness settings
- Brightness level selection is retained when you turn your console back on
- Fully compatible with the Retro Modding rechargeable battery pack
- Dimensions: 9.2 mm x 13 mm x 3.2 mm
- Input Voltage: 1.7 to 3.2 V
- Output Voltage: 12.16 V
- Termination: Solder pads
- Weight: 0.51 grams
- Switching Technology: Step-up DC-DC converter
- Max Switching Current: 350 mA
- Max Operating Temperature: 85°C
- Number of Button Inputs: 3
- Number of Brightness Settings: 12
- Save Brightness Settings Upon Reboot: Yes
- Number of Wires for Installation: 8
- A step-by-step installation guide is available for this product.
- 1 x Retro Modding's VRV2 with built-in brightness controller
- This is an in-house product. For troubleshooting or support queries, please reach out to us directly on Facebook or by email at email@example.com
- We typically recommend setting the trigger button to SELECT or START. To change brightness settings, simply hold the trigger button until the screen flashes white. Once it does, use the up and down buttons on the D-pad to navigate to your preferred brightness setting. Press SELECT again to save your brightness settings. The system will remember your choice the next time you boot up the console.
- Intended for use in Game Boy Advance AGS-101 mods
- This product is intended to be installed with the standard ribbon cable adapter. It can be installed using the ribbon cable adapter with wire, but we recommend desoldering the red wire and following our tutorial. Installing this product using the ribbon cable adapter with brightness switch may produce undesirable results and is strongly discouraged.
2019-08-01: Added note about ribbon cable adapter with switch
I didnt get to use it because the ags 101 screen i ordered is different that the one in the instructions.
2nd time doing installation and went even better than my 1st time around. I managed to even get shell to close up properly and no pressure spots on lcd screen.
HELP, i installed this on my GBA then it stopped working the power on light doesn't turn on. I checked my wiring during installation and all are wired correctly. Please send help how to troubleshoot
If you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be glad to troubleshoot this with you.
The RM team
If you have the skills to do the install, it's an excellent mod. My only complaint is that there are more than 4 brightness levels. There's like 10 and sometimes they go backwards. Aside from that the screen looks gorgeous now and no more flickering.
Recently just AGS-101 Screen swapped my GBA with the Voltage Regulator v2 here. Most expansive Gameboy mod I've done so far so it was a very new experience but turned out to be pretty straight forward installation-wise. Only concern is there doesn't really seem be 12 levels of brightness settings but maybe like 6? Thanks either way Retromodding, I am very happy with the product and outcome of the mod :)