If you're looking to skip the lead time on a build-to-order console, or you're looking for a DIY project, this project builder is for you! Identical to our build-to-order console form, the only difference is we don't assemble the console; that's up to you!
If you're looking to build a console using an IPS display, please us the IPS project builder here.
Please note: this project builder does not include a GBA board; you will need to supply that yourself.
Customize the look of your dream console with over 6,000 possible shell and button combinations.
- Game Boy Advance shells
- Game Boy Advance buttons
- For additional customization options, check the "override button color" field to select individual colors for each button, bumper, and trigger!
- Game Boy Advance Start-Select silicone pads
- Game Boy Advance silicone button pads
- Unlit original screen (32 or 40 pin)
- Original AGB-001 screen
- Backlit AGS-101
- Retro Modding's Gameboy Advance Audio Amplifier: A powerful amplifier with + 24 dB gain
- Anton Veretenenko's GBAmp v3: A powerful amplifier with +16 dB gain
- Includes 2W speaker
- AGS-101 Voltage Regulator: Provides the appropriate voltage and current to produce a brighter backlit image.
- Available when purchasing an AGS-101 display in your kit
- V2 includes built-in digital brightness controller
- GBAccelerator: Allows you to cycle your console's clock speed through four speeds (1x, 1.5x, 1.75x, and 0.85) using a pre-set button combination
- Retro Modding's Game Boy Advance Ultimate Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Provides up to 14 hours of continuous play
- USB rechargeable battery
- Can be trimmed to allow you to recharge your battery without having to remove the battery door
- Can be trimmed for a LED pipe so you can keep an eye on the battery light without having to remove the battery door (not necessary on clear shells)
Shell trimming is available for AGS-101 displays
- When selecting a rechargeable battery pack, trimming is also available for that
Tools and Accessories
- Game Console / Cartridge Repair Tools Set and Tri-Wing and Philips Screwdriver Kit are available to assist in assembling your console
- When selecting a rechargeable battery pack, micro USB cables and power adapters are available
- Game link cables and neoprene protective sleeves are optional accessories to include with your DIY kit
- While the 3D visualizer is provided as a valuable tool in designing your console, the items in your cart will determine what is shipped. While we haven't experienced any inconsistencies between the visualizer and the cart, we still recommend verifying the contents of your cart align with the visualizer before placing your order. Please send any inconsistencies between the two to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For best results, use lithium batteries, NiMH batteries, or our rechargeable battery pack
- Please keep in mind that the GBA always puts out a low-level hissing or high-pitched noise due to the GBA's hardware. An amplifier will make this noise louder. While most customers don't hear or mind the sound, those with sensitive hearing will probably be bothered by it and should avoid having an amplifier installed in their console. If you have any concerns, please contact us prior to purchasing. We will not issue refunds based on complaints about amplified hissing noises
- Due to restrictions imposed by USPS, battery packs going to the United States can only be shipped via ground transportation, which may extend the time it takes for you to receive your order
- Please note that battery packs are prohibited from being shipped into Germany. If you place an order for a project builder with a battery pack, the battery pack will be refunded and removed from your order. Unfortunately, this situation is out of our control. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause