Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
The display you've come to love on your Game Boy Advance is now available on the SP! Enjoy your favorite GBA titles with this startlingly crisp and impressively vibrant backlit IPS LCD display by Funny Playing. These logo free full black and full white kits are available exclusively here!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Suitable for AGS-101 and AGS-001 models
- Backlit IPS LCD brighter than AGS-101 or NDSL displays
- Crisper image than the AGS-101
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Wide viewing angle
- Easy, solder-free installation with little trimming involved
- Brightness control button requires soldering one wire
- Supports the software-based sleep mode built into select games
- 1 x IPS LCD, pre-attached with a Glass lens, either full black or full white.
- 1 x Ribbon cable adapter (compatible with 32 and 40-pin boards)
- 1 x Foam pad
- 1 x Wire for brightness controller
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Advance SP. Please confirm the kit is working before completing the installation. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the included section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- Note that the LCD comes with a pre-attached lens; we do not recommend attempting to remove this lens, as it is adhered directly to the LCD
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.
- We strongly recommend you follow the tutorial linked in the Documentation section, and use one of our professionally trimmed SP shells, to minimize the risk of damage during the installation.
2020-06-16: Product page created.
This display looks spectacular. Backlight is even, dot-pitch is fine, viewing angles are great, refresh rate is great. It makes game boy games look better than I ever imagined. The kit itself is also well-designed and the instructions are pretty good. I do wish there was a better illustration to show where to trim, but it becomes clear once you try to fit the display in the handheld.
Overall I love my new screen, it looks fantastic. The only thing I had trouble with was cutting a case that I ordered to fit the screen inside it. Quality-wise the screen is incredible.
Game Boy Advance SP IPS LCD
Just installed this into a new SP shell (after some trimming) and it is beautiful. So incredibly bright compared to the the AGS-001 and AGS-101. The 6 brightness levels are excellent as well. Highly recommend to everyone! Will be buying more.
This is a great screen to replace the original with and easy to install. Only downfall of it is the screen cover is just a little off center. Other then that love it