Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
If you're looking to get a new, backlit IPS LCD for your GBA, and you're looking for the option to play your favourite games on your television, sort out both with just one mod! This IPS LCD will give you a bright and clear image on your console, and when you're in need of an even larger screen, just connect to the TV via the link port, with the included cable!
- 3.19" Backlit IPS LCD
- 10 brightness levels, with touch brightness control
- Allows you to play GBA on TV with included cable, providing video output through the link port
- Some soldering and shell trimming required
- 1 x IPS LCD
- 1 x PCB
- 2 x Ribbon Cable
- 2 x Insulating Film
- 5 x Wire
- 1 x Acrylic Bracket
- 1 x AV Cable
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Advance. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console.
- Some soldering and trimming of the shell is required to install this mod
- Avoid placing pressure directly on the screen. Hold the edges of the LCD carefully when installing it in your console. Do not pinch the screen between your fingers when manipulating it
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
I had a bit of trouble routing the wires and getting the screen lined up properly, but the results when finished are great. If I were to do it again I'd consider taping the wires into the case to keep them away from buttons etc.
I was very happy with the screen and cables that are included in this package, they seem to be very high quality and have worked well. I was also happy with the fast shipping and fully recyclable packaging!
The LCD is working good, but I still haven't verified and soldered the AV wiring up yet, but the LCD with the two sensor wires already attached, does work good, even without the extra wiring for the AV, not done yet, but still to be done.