Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Backlight your Game Boy Color with this trim-free, solder-free LCD solution. It's never been easier to enjoy your favorite GBC games on a beautiful backlit screen.
For a polished aesthetic, pair this kit with one of our custom Game Boy Color glass screen lenses.
- Completely trim-free solution
- True drop-in solution—no soldering necessary
- Bright, backlit LCD
- 5-level brightness adjustment with touch-control
- Effective power management for battery longevity
- Preserves the GBC's aspect ratio
- 1 x Game Boy Color backlit LCD
- 1 x Ribbon cable
- 1 x PCB
- 1 x 3D-printed bracket
- This product has a slightly smaller viewing area than the original GBC screen. Custom glass lenses sized for the smaller viewing area are available in black and white
- Center the LCD using double-sided tape
- We recommend placing the touch controller at the top of the console, opposite to the infrared sensor
- This LCD is also used in the Neo Geo Pocket Color backlight kit with a different ribbon cable
- Avoid placing pressure directly on the screen. Hold the edges of the drop-in kit carefully when installing it in your console. Do not pinch the screen between your fingers when manipulating it
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
Perfect , better than I imagined
This screen brightens up any GBC you put it in. Compared to an IPS it's not as bright nor is it as big, but it's also a lot cheaper and easier to install as it's a true drop in upgrade. The only slight dissatisfaction is that mine came with a clear instead of black bracket which causes some light bleed on the sides.
IPS left vs TFT right in image
Works great and install was easy.
Light adjustment sensor works fine on a solid purple gbc.
Bought this to replace the stock LCD on my GBC which has somehow suffered terrible screen burn. The biggest hurdle is that instructions were not provided with the kit. I had to use my imagination on what the piece of clear plastic adhesive is for (stuck it to the back side of the GBC's PCB so it won't make contact with the LCD's control board and short out), how to install the 3D-printed shim, and work out how to bend and fold the LCD boards' ribbon cables to sit flush in the case. As seen in included picture I eventually have it working, and it does work great. Didn't mind the smaller viewing area, and very happy that I didn't need to bring a dremel or cutters to my beloved GBC's case. Just wish at least a small instruction sheet explaining what some of the parts included was for.
I did not install the brightness touch sensor - on the revision sent to me, it's optional.
Fantastic. Makes playing the old games of my childhood bearable.