Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Backlight your Game Boy Pocket with this trim-free LCD solution. It's never been easier to enjoy your favorite DMG games on a beautiful backlit screen.
- Completely trim-free solution
- Requires only two wires to be soldered
- Bright, backlit LCD
- 5-level brightness adjustment with touch-control
- Effective power management for battery longevity
- Preserves the MGB's aspect ratio
- 1 x Game Boy Pocket backlit LCD
- 1 x PCB
- 1 x laser cut bracket
- Please check out our tutorial for instructions on how to install this backlight
- Avoid placing pressure directly on the screen. Hold the edges of the drop-in kit carefully when installing it in your console. Do not pinch the screen between your fingers when manipulating it
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
Awesome quality and super easy install! Good luck keeping those AA batteries alive though with this power sucker of a screen haha! Might be time to consider a rechargeable battery for the Pocket 🤔 Thank you Retromodding!
It's a great screen, does the job, nicely lit, and was quite easy to install! My only couple complaints is that the screen is smaller than the original screen but that's not a big issue, and my second complaint is more of a request and that's to have a way to wire the brightness control to the contrast potentiometer (If there is already a way to do this I have not found it but please let me know.)
That's great to hear Roger, thanks for the feedback!
The screen is indeed a bit smaller. Sorry for the inconvenience.
For the controller, it's not possible as far as we know!The RM Team
How can I review it when it was never delivered????