Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Our unique, in-house Game Boy replacement buttons are cast using high-precision machinery. These quality buttons take their design cues from the NES controller to bring a different look and feel to your Game Boy.
Don't want to mess with a good thing? Check out our Game Boy buttons, which perfectly reproduce the original—right down to the lines on the D-pad.
- Durable ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) material
- High-quality, responsive buttons that play better than typical budget replacement parts
- Concave A and B button surfaces and arrow markings on the D-pad designed in the style of the NES controller
- Compatible with NES controllers, DMG and Play It Loud Game Boy units, and SNES controllers (see warning)
These button sets are available in over 30 different colors, including airy pastels, clear neons, and perfect reproductions of Nintendo's original hardware colors.
Some colors may not return in subsequent batches, so grab them while they last!
Can't make up your mind? Leave the decision up to us.
- Random set: A full set of buttons in one random color. We'll pick out something that complements the shell you order.
- Mixed set: A full set of buttons in a variety of colors. We'll pick individual button colors that complement each other as well as the shell you order.
- 1 x NES-style D-pad
- 2 x NES-style A/B buttons
- Power switch and extension (link) port cover not included
- Colors may vary from what you see on your display
- This is an aftermarket product and may not feel identical to its genuine counterpart
- The D-pad is designed to fit in a NES controller and may feel a bit tight in the Game Boy
- The Game Boy's D-pad will not fit in a SNES controller, but the A and B buttons will
Great fit and gave my old DMG a new lease on life.
As one reviewer said these do not come with a power switch. I really wish they would! Despite this these are some nice quality buttons. I have been using them for a couple months now and they function just fine while still looking brand new
Game Boy Buttons (NES Style)
I ordered a pair each of the original and concave, NES style DMG buttons to put into a SNES controller. They look and feel great, but the inside of the buttons where they sit on the conductive pads is farther back than the OEM SNES buttons, giving them less travel so they don’t feel quite right in the controller. I had to pad the insides of the buttons to get them to work well. This makes sense since they were made to be used in a Game Boy, but I thought it was worth mentioning for those using them on SNES.
I love the colors, even for just replacing your default black NES D-pad with a custom red D-pad, it pops out so much that the whole controller is looking really something special.
Even if the custom D-pads are just a tiiiiny bit smaller than the regular D-pad, it still feels great to use. And at long last, someone who sells brown buttons! With the main 4 player controllers that use red, blue, yellow and green, my fifth and completely personalized controller really looks comfy and something that's made for me. Everything fits and works perfectly fine.
And the quality?? I really don't see or feel any difference with the paint at all. You can feel the difference in pressing the buttons but it's so minimal that it really shouldn't cause trouble for a casual gameplay. For the more intense button-presses, you probably have to get used to it as the difference is just really minimal. Doesn't leave scratches, doesn't stick, I don't see the problem here.
Amazing job Retro Modding!