We're no longer restocking this product, but we invite you to check out the McWill LCD Upgrade Revision 1.1—a true drop-in GBC backlight kit.
For those who are following the development of no-soldering, no-shell milling, drop-in backlight Game Boy Color LCD kits, here's a solution.
Custom glass lenses for the drop-in kit are now available!
- 1 x LCD
- 1 x Conversion PCB
- 1 x Ribbon cable
- 1 x Game Boy Color Light sticker
- 1 x 3D printed spacers
- The kits we have received are from Batch 4
- Avoid placing pressure directly on the screen. Hold the edges of the drop-in kit carefully when installing it in your console. Do not pinch the screen between your fingers when manipulating it
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. If necessary, remove more plastic from the shell.
- Please note that this kit puts some pressure on the LCD when the Game Boy Color is closed. Handle insertion with care.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped.