Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
This Hi-Fi, Class-D amplifier module for the Game Boy Advance was created to boost the GBA's low-volume and give it a louder and more robust sound. At maximum volume, this beast provides up to an astounding 24 dB gain. When combined with our premium 1W speaker, this amp allows you to enjoy unprecedentedly powerful sound from your GBA.
- Hi-Fi Class-D amplifier that gives up to 24 dB gain
- Results in less distortion and better noise filtering than similar products
- Delivers a significantly louder, more robust sound
- When used within the Game Boy Advance's original volume range, improves battery efficiency compared to unmodded units
- Simple installation process—no need to modify existing chips or pins
- Speaker kit includes a high-quality, high-efficiency speaker with better low and high frequency response
- Dimension: 12.8 mm x 16.7 mm x 2.7 mm
- Input Voltage: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Recommended Input Voltage: 3.3 V
- Termination: Solder Pads
- Weight: 1.7 grams
- Amplifier Class: Class-D
- Closed Loop Gain: 24 dB
- Efficiency: ~87%
- Recommend Speaker Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Max Operating Temperature: 85°C
- Corner Frequency of High-Pass Filter: 1882 Hz
- Number of Wires for Installation: 6
- A step-by-step installation guide is available
- This Does Not Compute has reviewed this product. The video includes the installation process, so give it a watch if you prefer video tutorials!
- 1 x Retro Modding's Game Boy Advance Audio Amplifier
Board + Installation Kit
1 x Retro Modding's Game Boy Advance Audio Amplifier
- 1 x Wiring kit
1 x Piece of heat shrink tubing
1 x Piece of double-sided tape
1 x Piece of double-sided foam tape
- This is an in-house product. For troubleshooting or support queries, please reach out to us directly on Facebook or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We recommend using this product with our premium 1W speaker
- Please keep in mind that the GBA always puts out a low-level hissing or high-pitch noise due to the GBA's hardware. An amplifier will make this noise louder. If you’re sensitive to these kinds of noises, an amplifier is not for you
- Please note that this product may not perform as expected when batteries are low
- This product is intended for use in the Game Boy Advance, but it can be installed in the Game Boy Color since you can safely supply 5 V, despite what's written on the board. Follow the instructions in our GBA guide but solder the 3.3 V wire to pin 7 (top), ground to pin 4 (bottom), DT to pin 5 of the headphone jack, and SP-In to the speaker in on the PCB. Please note that we currently do not offer additional instructions or support for how to install this product in any console other than the Game Boy Advance. Please note, while we have received feedback from our customers regarding successful installation of the audio amplifier in the Game Boy Color, this installation will be performed at your own risk.
2020-02-17: Removed speakers from product variants. Now only offered as PCB and Kit.
Haven't had the chance to install it yet, but Retro Modding has been incredible in helping me replace a wrong piece of my order. You guys are fantastic and will be the first I go to for my next project.
This audio amp does exactly what you've read it does. So does the upgraded speaker available (make sure to add on a 3d printed color ring for xtra swag). So does the audio cleaner flex PCB available. I've got all 3 in my Game Boy Advance right now and I am happily grooving out at half volume.
Game Boy Advance Audio Amplifier
This is a great amp for the GBA, the difficulty was a little hard especially trying to solder the wire to the headphone jack. I just went around the board and soldered it to the leg instead. The only downfall I see from this is that when I put a game to sleep it has a buzzing noise. But overall it's nice and loud compared to the oem speaker
...it almsot works too well! get's much louder than i've expected. 10/10