Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
The display you've come to love on your Game Boy Advance is now available on the SP! Enjoy your favorite GBA titles with this startlingly crisp and impressively vibrant backlit IPS LCD display by Funny Playing. These logo free full black and full white kits are available exclusively here!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Suitable for AGS-101 and AGS-001 models
- Backlit IPS LCD brighter than AGS-101 or NDSL displays
- Crisper image than the AGS-101
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Wide viewing angle
- Easy, solder-free installation with little trimming involved
- Brightness control button requires soldering one wire
- Supports the software-based sleep mode built into select games
- 1 x IPS LCD, pre-attached with a Glass lens, either full black or full white.
- 1 x Ribbon cable adapter (compatible with 32 and 40-pin boards)
- 1 x Foam pad
- 1 x Wire for brightness controller
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Advance SP. Please confirm the kit is working before completing the installation. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the included section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- Note that the LCD comes with a pre-attached lens; we do not recommend attempting to remove this lens, as it is adhered directly to the LCD
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.
- We strongly recommend you follow the tutorial linked in the Documentation section, and use one of our professionally trimmed SP shells, to minimize the risk of damage during the installation.
2020-06-16: Product page created.
This screen is beautiful, huge improvement over the stock screen.
The screen is pretty good, and it displays how its supposed to.
The biggest problems I had with it was firstly it didn’t fit in the shell nice and snug, I had to cut the shell for it to fit properly.
The screen was also not centered on the LCD properly, when the shell is screwed up and closed you can tell the screen is on a slight tilt in the case. This makes it extremely unappealing.
I'm sorry to hear you had problems with your screen.
May I ask if you had a pre-trimmed shell or if you trimmed it on your own? Pre-trimmed shell could have been trimmed for an earlier version of the kit.
As for centring, there should not be any tilt in the screen. If the shell was not properly trimmed, the pressure on the screen might cause a tilt effect.
If you have any more questions regarding this kit, you can email us at email@example.com and we will be glad to help you out.
The RM Team
This is 100% the effort and cost. If you look for a precut case it would be incredibly easy to install.
The lens on the screen I received was crooked, causing the screen to look crooked after installation. The screen tilts up and to the right. The quality of the image is great though.
Edit: Customer Support was very helpful in helping me get a replacement, hopefully it will work out.
The ribbon cable with the gba sp lcd screen i got was damaged when I received. I got a replacement on Amazon and the screen is absolutely perfect love the quality vs the original.
We are sorry to hear you received a defective ribbon. If something like this was to happen again, don't hesitate to email our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would have been glad to replace your ribbon. We're glad to hear you still like your new screen!