Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
This custom PCB is the simplest and most effective way to bivert an original Nintendo Game Boy. Backlighting the Game Boy's dot matrix LCD descreases the perceived contrast of the image. To improve its contrast and clarity, we invert the image twice: once by rotating the polarized film 90 degrees and once by installing this board. This process is known as biverting.
Our V2 now boasts a more compact footprint! At nearly half the size of the original board, it's never been easier to bivert your DMG.
- Completely wireless installation
- Optimized circuit for minimal signal loss and interference
- Cleaner results than using a bivert chip
- V2's smaller footprint simplifies installation
- 1 x Game Boy Bivert Board
- This product is intended for use in the original Game Boy (DMG and PIL)
- Installing this PBC is only one part of the bivert process. Please ensure that you also rotate the polarized film that came with your backlight by 90 degrees
- Biverting your Game Boy will make the image more difficult to see in full daylight but results in a dramatic improvement in dimmer light situations
- The bivert board V2 (compact) has undergone a couple of design revisions. Please note that the product you receive may look slightly different from the one pictured
- Installing the bivert option for IPS displays will not improve contrast and clarity but only invert the colors.
2019-08-28: Uploaded photo of the V2 board; added note about aesthetic differences between revisions
I got the compact bivert board and I don’t know how to install. Help!!!
Good products as always
Nice compact board that fits in the shell with ease!
This mod layout is nice, it slots in to the DMG well. I believe only the V2 is offered at this point.
The bivert mod really does a lot to improve the image in a DMG that has been backlit, and this chip does exactly what it says it does!