Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Backlight your Game Boy Color with this trim-free, solder-free LCD solution. It's never been easier to enjoy your favorite GBC games on a beautiful backlit screen.
For a polished aesthetic, pair this kit with one of our custom Game Boy Color glass screen lenses.
- Completely trim-free solution
- True drop-in solution—no soldering necessary
- Bright, backlit LCD
- 5-level brightness adjustment with touch-control
- Effective power management for battery longevity
- Preserves the GBC's aspect ratio
- 1 x Game Boy Color backlit LCD
- 1 x Ribbon cable
- 1 x PCB
- 1 x Set of spacers
- This product has a slightly smaller viewing area than the original GBC screen. Custom glass lenses sized for the smaller viewing area are available in black and white
- Center the LCD using double-sided tape
- We recommend placing the touch controller at the top of the console near the infrared sensor
- This LCD is also used in the Neo Geo Pocket Color backlight kit with a different ribbon cable
- Avoid placing pressure directly on the screen. Hold the edges of the drop-in kit carefully when installing it in your console. Do not pinch the screen between your fingers when manipulating it
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
These guys are the best of the best! If you’re looking to modify a retro gaming device, this is the place to shop at. They have solid products and amazing customer service.
Good quality and super easy to install
While the display may not be as crisp and bright as the IPS screens. The TFT LCD allows you to update your GBC without any shell modification or soldering.
Screen works perfectly fine, but there is one big issue here that I'm genuinely unhappy about, the touch sensor is on the wrong side. If this wasn't a problem I would rate the system 5 stars, but since I can't adjust my brightness I'll have to give it a 2 star.
This product works as it should and looks great. It was an easy install, even as it was my first time modding anything. I didn't push in a ribbon cable all the way at first so I contact the team and they were a great help and I was able to fix the problem very quickly. I strongly recommend this product and buying from this company.