Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Backlight your Game Boy Pocket with this trim-free LCD solution. It's never been easier to enjoy your favorite DMG games on a beautiful backlit screen.
- Completely trim-free solution
- Requires only two wires to be soldered
- Bright, backlit LCD
- 5-level brightness adjustment with touch-control
- Effective power management for battery longevity
- Preserves the MGB's aspect ratio
- 1 x Game Boy Pocket backlit LCD
- 1 x PCB
- 1 x laser cut bracket
- Please check out our tutorial for instructions on how to install this backlight
- Avoid placing pressure directly on the screen. Hold the edges of the drop-in kit carefully when installing it in your console. Do not pinch the screen between your fingers when manipulating it
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
I destroyed two gameboy pocket screens attempting to remove the stupid foil film on the backs so I could backlight them. I finally said forget it and bought one of these instead. Absolutely NO regrets. Obviously this ended up being a more expensive solution to getting a backlight installed, but so worth it. It was so easy to do and took me like 10 minutes to install. The new screen is bright, clear, and beautiful. This really transformed my gameboy into something special. Thank you retromodding!
The TFT LCD is great. I had a few issues, but I just had to make sure all the ribbon cables where in properly.
The color options are really nice to have too, I just with there was a blue color scheme instead of two different red ones, but it's still a recommended product for anyone with and old GB pocket that needs a new screen.
This is a great LCD screen. It’s pretty straight forward and does not require any modification to the frame or body. There are some soldering that needs to be done, but even then, it works like a charm. Turns your Gameboy pocket into a gameboy light pocket. I highly recommend this product if you are wanting to just play gameboy games with light and vibrant color.
Game Boy Pocket Backlit TFT LCD
I tried to add an LED to my original screen, and it didn't go well. I ruined it, to be frank. The next step had to be something more straightforward, and this was that solution.
The precut bracket fit right into place and the screen sits neatly into it with a border around the edge to help it fill the aperture, since the screen isn't quite as big as the original. Soldering the single wire was no issue, and the touch pad sits at the top of the handheld, neatly out of the way. The product page didn't seem to mention the multiple palettes you can access by holding the touch sensor instead of just tapping it like you're changing the brightness, but there are 5 different settings: grayscale, green, red, yellow, and a faded one that looks more like the original screen but has less contrast than the others.
This was a great upgrade for the Game Boy Pocket I got back in the late 90s along with the new case I installed, the whole thing feels like it's grown up with me now.