IPS Laminated LCD for Game Boy Advance
Funny Playing's Laminated IPS display for GBA is finally here! With many improvements over the original GBA IPS; most notably, a larger 3” display which now comes adhered to the LCD for dust-free installation!
- Crisp, vibrant display
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- ~25% larger than stock LCD
- Multi-level touch brightness control
- 15 display modes (default/none, vertical scanlines (standard, dark, or thick), and retro pixel grid)
- Laminated screen lens eliminates the need for lens installation
- Controls to adjust the positioning of LCD image
- A seamless fit with the Funny Playing Shell for Game Boy Advance Laminated Screens
- 1x Laminated IPS LCD (pre-attached with a glass lens)
- 1x Ribbon Cable
- 2x 120mm wire (L & R)
- 1x 50mm wire (Select)
- Support bracket
The functionality of the LCD is as follows:
- A short tap of the touch sensor will cycle up through 15 brightness levels
- A long hold of the touch sensor will cycle down through 15 brightness levels
- A long hold of Select + L + R will enter function mode; holding start + select again will exit function mode
- While in function mode:
- Tapping Select will cycle through the different functions
- With "BRT" selected, L & R will cycle through 15 brightness levels
- With "CLR" selected, L & R will cycle through 4 color options (Standard, Saturated, Grayscale, “Classic Green”)
- With "DSP" selected, L & R will cycle through 3 pixel options (standard, Anti-aliasing, Pixel Grid
- With “FRM” selected, L & R will toggle frame blending
- Some soldering is required, see the installation guide linked in the documentation section.
- This kit requires Funny Playing's Laminated GBA shells, as they are designed to accommodate this display; the kit cannot be installed on other shells.
- The ribbon is very fragile, be sure to install it carefully.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Advance. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.
- We strongly recommend you follow the tutorial linked in the Documentation section and use one of the compatible shells, to minimize the risk of damage during the installation.