McWill's LCD Upgrade for Game Boy Color
After bringing high-quality backlight kits to the GameGear and the Atari Lynx, McWill returns with a backlight for the Game Boy Color. This true plug-and-play drop-in kit will dramatically improve the brightness, color, and contrast of the GBC so you can enjoy your favorite retro games like never before. No soldering necessary!
Looking for a lens for your new drop-in kit? Custom glass lenses sized specifically for the kit's display size are now available!
- True drop-in solution—no soldering necessary
- All-in-one PCB solution
- 2:1 integer scale of the GBC's native resolution
- Same aspect ratio as the original GBC screen
- No flickering or screen tearing
- LCD and PCB come pre-attached for easy installation
- Game Boy Color LCD upgrade revision 1.1 quick guide
- Installation tutorial coming in August
- 1 x Game Boy Color LCD upgrade (LCD + PCB)
- We're selling the solder-free version 1.1.
- Each kit is tested before shipping
- If batteries are low when attempting to turn on the Game Boy Color after performing the mod, the LCD may not power on with the first try. You may need to turn the GBC on and off 2-3 times before starting to play. This phenomenon can be avoided by using fresh batteries, keeping charged batteries in the console, or pairing this product with the McWill USB charging kit.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Advance. Please follow our Display Testing Guide to confirm the kit is working before the adhesive is secured, the display protection sheet removed, or any non-critical soldering to the ribbon or driver PCB. We are unable to accept returns or replacements on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts may be available in the "Included" section above.
- The ribbon is very fragile, be sure to handle it carefully to avoid damage.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the display, do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the display before attempting to install it.