Welcome to the 21st century! Give your Sega Game Gear a second life with McWill's LCD upgrade. This exceptional kit will improve the color, contrast, and clarity of your GG, so you can enjoy your favorite games like never before.
- Seven different display modes that can be scrolled through by holding 1 + 2 + Start:
- Scaled resolution: The Game Gear's 160 x 144-pixel resolution stretched to the 320 x 240-pixel resolution of the internal LCD
- Scaled resolution with scanlines: Same as the previous mode but with vertical scanlines to emulate the look of the original screen
- Doubled horizontal resolution, scaled vertical resolution: This mode doubles the GG's 160 horizontal pixels to 320, so, when stretched to the 320 pixels of the LCD screen, the horizontal resolution is perfectly scaled, while the vertical resolution is stretched
- Doubled horizontal resolution, scaled vertical resolution with scanlines: Same as the previous mode but with vertical scanlines
- Doubled GG resolution (upper and lower parts are cut off): Doubles the GG's resolution to 320 x 288-pixels, but only displays 240 of the 288 vertical pixels. This avoids stretching the display but cuts off the top and bottom of the image. In some games, this makes no difference
- Doubled GG resolution with scanlines: Same as the previous mode but with vertical scanlines
- Native Resolution: Native 160 x 144-pixel resolution, centered in the 320 x 240-pixel resolution of the screen
- SEGA Game Gear LCD replacement MOD V2.1 quick guide
- SEGA Game Gear LCD replacement MOD V2.0 quick guide
- 1 x McWill's Sega Game Gear Replacement LCD kit
- 1 x VGA output kit
- Each kit is tested before shipping. No returns will be accepted for this product.
- Compatible with PCB revisions 837-9130 / 837-9024 / 837-8560 (1 ASIC) and with 837-7996 / 837-7719-01 VA0 (2 ASIC)
- Please note that this product is not compatible with the Majesco Game Gear VA4 or VA5