Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
Imagine having the power to change the button color of your Game Boy at your fingertips. Or don't imagine, because you can now experience that power for yourself! These thermochromic buttons transition between colors as the temperature changes, allowing a new dimension of freedom for your Game Boy color schemes.
There's no need to stop there. Take your color variability all the way, with our color changing DMG shells, available here!
Trigger temperature : +- 28 Celsius / +-82,4 Fahrenheit
- Durable ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) material
- High-quality, responsive buttons that play better than typical budget replacement parts
- Perfect fit with our Color Changing Shells
- Compatible with DMG and Play It Loud Game Boy handhelds as well as NES and SNES controllers (see warnings)
- 1 x DMG D-pad
- 2 x DMG A/B buttons
- 1 x DMG power switch cover
- 1 x DMG extension (link) port cover
- Colors may vary from what you see on your display
- This is an aftermarket product and may not feel identical to its genuine counterpart
- The Game Boy's D-pad is much smaller than that of the NES so, while it works in a NES controller, the fit will be loose
- The Game Boy's D-pad will not fit in a SNES controller, but the A and B buttons will
These are neat and a perfect pair for the color-changing shell, but they don't seem to change color as quickly as the shells. Maybe they're less reactive, though that might also be on a case by case basis. Still, they're pretty cool, and I'm happy I bought them.
These can be really fun in the right builds. My experience with them so far has been that they seem to not change as rapidly as the shells. I don't know if that's due to the variance in production runs or the thickness of the buttons vs the thin walls of the shells.