Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
If you're looking for a high-quality backlit LCD for the Game Boy Pocket, look no further than this IPS display! Feature a simulated pixel grid, a variety of color palettes, and brightness control, the IPS LCD is an essential modification for the MGB!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Bright, backlit LCD
- Multi-stage brightness control
- 36 different color palettes
- Simulated pixel grid to maintain the retro aesthetic
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Wide viewing angle
- Mounting bracket compatible with both OEM and aftermarket shells
- The files for the 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here
- Some shell trimming is required for installation
- Minor soldering is required (two wires)
- When the grid line mode is turned on, some game scenes will flash when switching, which is a refresh problem of the motherboard of the console itself. This flashing is expected, and temporary.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Pocket. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
Easy to assemble (followed the tutorial), only a tiny bit of soldering needed and looks insanely gorgeous in the pocket. Game changer, no pun intended.
Installation was easy following the guide. The screen looks great!
The perfect upgrade to an already perfect device.
The screen was easy to install and looks great
The 11 year old in me is in all his glory, this really seems to have all the benefits without sacrificing anything. The pocket kit goes through batteries like crazy. Tbh, it’s almost not worth it. This doesn’t have the same drawbacks. I’m glad I took the chance installing it.