Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
If you're looking for a high-quality backlit LCD for the Game Boy Pocket, look no further than this IPS display! Feature a simulated pixel grid, a variety of color palettes, and brightness control, the IPS LCD is an essential modification for the MGB!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Bright, backlit LCD
- Multi-stage brightness control
- 36 different color palettes
- Simulated pixel grid to maintain the retro aesthetic
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Wide viewing angle
- Mounting bracket compatible with both OEM and aftermarket shells
- The files for the 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here
- Some shell trimming is required for installation
- Minor soldering is required (two wires)
- When the grid line mode is turned on, some game scenes will flash when switching, which is a refresh problem of the motherboard of the console itself. This flashing is expected, and temporary.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Pocket. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
Got the IPS kit very quickly and was relatively easy to install if you follow the youtube video guide. Only thing not mentioned in the video was to put the adhesive copper pad onto the metal bar touch sensor. This allows you to create a solder joint from the copper pad (conductive copper tape attached to the metal rectangle) to the ribbon cable. Touch sensor has many different color options and is a really cool set. 10/10 quality!
1st time buy and installing, happy with the result very cool that contrast becomes the brightness
Works great, the little wires took some patience to maneuver with my big fingers when soldiering, be patient and take you time making sure you got your screen lined up nice
Looks good. Nice add to my collection.