Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
If you're looking for a high-quality backlit LCD for the Game Boy Pocket, look no further than this IPS display! Feature a simulated pixel grid, a variety of color palettes, and brightness control, the IPS LCD is an essential modification for the MGB!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Bright, backlit LCD
- Multi-stage brightness control
- 36 different color palettes
- Simulated pixel grid to maintain the retro aesthetic
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Wide viewing angle
- Mounting bracket compatible with both OEM and aftermarket shells
- 1 x IPS LCD
- 1 x Ribbon cable
- 1 x 3M tape
- 1 x 3D-printed mounting bracket
- The files for the 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here
- Some shell trimming is required for installation
- Minor soldering is required (two wires)
- When the grid line mode is turned on, some game scenes will flash when switching, which is a refresh problem of the motherboard of the console itself. This flashing is expected, and temporary.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
Absolutely in love with this IPS LCD kit for the Game Boy Pocket; the retro pixel grid is incredible, and the color options are great. I also love how the brightness can be set by the contrast wheel. Included bracket is also phenomenal - makes trimming the shell (if you do so on your own) and lining up the LCD so much easier.
This is, without any doubt, the mod with the most significant difference between stock and upgraded on any system that bears the GameBoy name. Dozens of color palettes, multiple screen filters, option selection via touch sensor. Just perfect.