Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
If you're looking for a high-quality backlit LCD for the Game Boy Pocket, look no further than this IPS display! Featuring a simulated pixel grid, a variety of color palettes, and brightness control, the IPS LCD is an essential modification for the MGB!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Bright, backlit LCD
- Multi-stage brightness control
- 36 different color palettes
- Simulated pixel grid to maintain the retro aesthetic
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Wide viewing angle
- Mounting bracket compatible with both OEM and aftermarket shells
- The files for the 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here
- Some shell trimming is required for installation
- Minor soldering is required (two wires)
- When the grid line mode is turned on, some game scenes will flash when switching, which is a refresh problem of the motherboard of the console itself. This flashing is expected, and temporary.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Pocket. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
Great product, worked flawlessly! Although it did not come with a guide on how to install it so I had to figure that out for myself.
Really made the Game Boy experience a new level of fun
Game Boy Pocket IPS LCD
Very happy, quality piece of kit!!!!!! Fast delivery. First time ive done one of these conversions but have to say was a breeze! Everything fit pefectly. One note read the instructions carefully and take your time
Centering bracket works well, but screen seems off center to the right and high. touch sensor was a bit difficult to keep in place, but that's not really an issue. Sensor sensitivity is great. Love this mod. Only thing I wish this had was built in menu for centering, but that's probably a tradeoff for having the circuitry on-cable.
Thank you for this complete review.
This is the first we hear about this IPS kit being off-centered. Would you mind sending us an email at email@example.com? We would like to troubleshoot this issue with you.
Never hesitate to contact us for any questions or concerns!
The RM Team