Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
If your GameCube controller thumbsticks are looking a little worse for wear, swap them out with this replacement cap set.
- Perfect for replacing worn out thumbsticks
- Rubber grip with plastic bottom
- Available in their original colors
- Fits genuine GameCube controllers and some third-party controllers
- 1 x Left control stick replacement cap (gray)
- 1 x Right c-stick replacement cap (yellow)
- The GameCube controller can be opened with a tri-wing screwedriver (sold separately)
- This is an aftermarket product and may not feel identical to its genuine counterpart
These are fantastic for the low price they are sold for. Understandably, at this price point you can't expect 100% perfection, but these things come pretty darn close.
The only issue I had is that the small hold on the back of the primary joystick is slightly too deep, which causes the stick to rub on the shell when being pushed all the way to one side. Not a huge deal and it can be fixed relatively easily. I inserted a small piece of plastic into the hole and that rose the stick high enough to remedy the issue. For comparisons of before and after, I've included a picture of the controller I modded
Overall, if you're looking for an upgrade to some well loved gamecube joysticks and are on a budget/don't want to break the bank going for premium pieces, this is definitely the way to go!
I purchased this hoping to repair a Hori Battle Pad from the Wii U era. They're GameCube-like Classic Controllers. I couldn't find a tear down video of it specifically online, but I found a later video (of the Switch version) and the thumbcaps looked to match the OEM ones (which the item here fits).
Unfortunately, luck of the draw would have it that this item doesn't fit the third-party controller I was hoping to repair. Not the fault of this product though.