Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
These replacement GBA shells from Funnyplaying are perfect if you are looking to update the look of your console. In addition, they also come pre-trimmed for the IPS LCD, allowing for a trimless IPS installation! With so many colors to choose from, you can customize your console to suit your style.
- Enhance the look of your Game Boy Advance
- Available in a wide range of colors
- Already trimmed for the IPS LCD
- 1 x GBA housing with matching battery cover
- 1 x Set of replacement screws
- 1 x Power LED pipe
- These shells do not have any branding
- Game Boy Advance buttons not included
- Glass and plastic replacement lenses for the AGS-101 are available for purchase, as are glass lenses for the IPS LCD
- Colors may vary from what you see on your display
- These shells don't need any type of bracket for the GBA IPS installation.
- This is an aftermarket product and may not feel identical to its genuine counterpart
This shell looks and feels amazing. Pre-trimmed made everything so much easier to install. Highly recommend.
I purchased this shell along with the associated IPS screen and glass screen lens. When I was putting it all together I found that there was still a lot of plastic inside the shell that still needed to be trimmed to fit everything inside so I’m not sure what exactly was trimmed beforehand? Once I cut everything out everything fit fine and it looks great but I’m not sure if I got a bad shell or if it’s supposed to come like that?
Thank you for this review. It sounds like you tried to use the 3d-printed bracket in this pre-trimmed shell, which is not needed. You indeed need to trim the shell if you want to use the bracket.
Never hesitate to contact us for any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RM Team
I would highly recommend one of these shells for doing a IPS mod. No need for cutting or a bracket just apply the double sided tape and drop the screen in. my only gripe would be the "Clear purple" shell isn't as clear as i thought it would be.
The shell is very well done, it's sturdy, good looking, and perfect for the IPS display. However, I did have a lot of difficulty putting the screws in, as most of the holes were not threaded as far as they needed to be. This turned out to be the most difficult part of the modding process.
Looks great and didn't have any issues with the install. Bonus points for not needing to cut for the chargeable battery pack and not needing the centering bracket for the IPS LED screen. Makes additional mods a breeze.