Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
The IPS you've come to love on your GBA and SP is now on the Game Boy Color!
Enjoy your favorite CGB titles with this startlingly crisp and impressively vibrant backlit IPS LCD display by Funny Playing.
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Crisp, vibrant display
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Easy, solder-free installation
- 10 brightness levels with touch brightness controller
- Please check out our tutorial for instructions on how to install the IPS LCD.
- The files for both parts of the 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here (bottom bracket) and here (side bracket).
- Ribbon is very fragile, be sure to install carefully.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Color. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- The touch sensor ribbon is shorter in the newer version, as seen in the first product photo. Its functionality remains the same; however, we strongly suggest placing the touch sensor on the left side of the shell for a better fit.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.
- We strongly recommend you follow the tutorial linked in the Documentation section, and use one of our professionally trimmed CGB shells, to minimize the risk of damage during the installation.
Definitely a must, I'll be buying another for my next build.
Couldn’t be happier with all of it
I love the screen it brings great color to the games, I have one problem with it though. I dont know if it was me but now once in a while I will have to restart the gbc because the screen will glitch out.. to explain it as best as I can the screen will look like a TV screen if you pull the cable cord out and it has the screen with that white noise sound
From struggling to see the screen to being able to play it with the lights off, this upgrade is a no brainer!