Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
The IPS you've come to love on your GBA and SP is now on the Game Boy Color!
Enjoy your favorite CGB titles with this startlingly crisp and impressively vibrant backlit IPS LCD display by Funny Playing.
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Crisp, vibrant display
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Easy, solder-free installation
- 10 brightness levels with touch brightness controller
- Please check out our tutorial for instructions on how to install the IPS LCD.
- The files for both parts of the 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here (bottom bracket) and here (side bracket).
- Ribbon is very fragile, be sure to install carefully.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Color. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- The touch sensor ribbon is shorter in the newer version, as seen in the first product photo. Its functionality remains the same; however, we strongly suggest placing the touch sensor on the left side of the shell for a better fit.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.
- We strongly recommend you follow the tutorial linked in the Documentation section, and use one of our professionally trimmed CGB shells, to minimize the risk of damage during the installation.
The screen is working great. But the touch sensor it's not like in the description and i cannot havi it to work. Need help
The screen looks amazing, plain and simple. The only issue was the touch sensor for the brightness control. It didn't come with the double-stick tape that everyone says the older sensor did. The lead was short, as they warned, but I found it easy enough to desolder the lead and then solder in an extra length of wire to the ribbon cable. But honestly, I prefer the soldered in button controls for brightness. Note that I did email asking for support but never got a response.
The screen works amazing but I ordered two ips screen and the touch sensor does not work and is not the same as the one shown on the instructions for installation
Thank you for this review. I understand you are having troubles with the new sensor placement. Do you mind emailing us at email@example.com? We would like to help you out regarding this.
The RM Team
Amazing customer service will buy again