Retro Pixel IPS LCD for Game Boy Color
The Retro Pixel IPS arrives on the Game Boy Color! Featuring a slightly larger LCD, touch brightness control, and a variety of display effects, this kit from Funnyplaying contains everything you need to have your console up and running with a new display in no time.
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Crisp, vibrant display
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- 25% larger than the stock LCD
- Multi-level touch brightness control
- 5 display modes (default/none, vertical scanlines (standard, dark, or thick), and retro pixel grid)
- 1x IPS LCD
- 1x Ribbon cable
- 1x Double-sided installation tape
- 1x Glass screen lens (no logo)
- 1x Touch sensor (extra)
- 2x 120mm wire (Start & Select)
- 1x 50mm wire (Power)
- 1x Centering bracket
The functionality of the Ribbon is as follows:
- A short tap of the touch sensor will cycle through 7 brightness levels
- A long hold of the touch sensor will cycle through retro pixel effects
- A long hold of start + select will enter function mode; holding start + select again will exit function mode.
Be aware, although you may be unable to see the lit words "game boy logo" beneath your lens, the function mode still works as follows...
- While in function mode:
- Tapping the touch sensor will cycle through different words in the GBC logo
- With "game" selected, start and select will move the display up and down
- With "boy" selected, start and select will move the display left and right
- With "color" selected, start and select will cycle through color options for the GBC logo
- Some soldering is required, install as shown here
- Some shell trimming is required to accommodate the larger LCD. A trim guide can be purchased here.
- The ribbon is very fragile, be sure to install it carefully.
- This screen kit includes a basic bracket. Although you can add a new 3-piece bracket we've developed for this screen kit.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Color. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.