Funny Playing Replacement CGB Retro Pixel Q5 IPS Ribbon
Original price $47.24 - Original price $47.24
$47.24 - $47.24
Current price $47.24
Replacement Ribbon for Funny Playing’s Retro Pixel Game Boy Color Q5 IPS LCD.
Compatible with the following:
- Retro Pixel IPS LCD for Game Boy Color
- Retro Pixel IPS with Laminated Lens for Game Boy Color
- Retro Pixel IPS with Laminated Lens (Full Black) for Game Boy Color
- Retro Pixel IPS LCD 2.5D Laminated for Game Boy Color
Replacement Q5 IPS LCD
- Illuminated "Game Boy Color" logo in a variety of colours when paired with supported LCDs/lens
- Built-in touch sensor
- 1x IPS Ribbon cable
- 1x touch sensor (extra)
- 2x 120mm wire (Start & Select)
- 1x 50mm wire (Power)
The functionality of the Ribbon is as follows:
- A short tap of the touch sensor will cycle through 7 brightness levels
- A long hold of the touch sensor will cycle through retro pixel effects
- A long hold of start + select will enter function mode; holding start + select again will exit function mode
Be aware, although you may be unable to see the lit words "game boy logo" beneath your lens, the function mode still works as follows...
- While in function mode:
- Tapping the touch sensor will cycle through different words in the GBC logo
- With "game" selected, start and select will move the display up and down
- With "boy" selected, start and select will move the display left and right
- With "color" selected, start and select will cycle through color options for the GBC logo
- Some soldering is required, install as shown here
- We recommend using this LCD with Funny Playing's GBC shells, as they are designed to make installation of this kit as easy as possible.
- The ribbon is very fragile, be sure to install it carefully.
- If you encounter a situation where the logo is partially missing, hold start select for 8 seconds.
- Before installing, Kapton should be used to cover exposed electronics and prevent shorts between the console PCB and the components on the ribbon
- Ribbons are extremely fragile. Any unnecessary folds, heat or pressure could cause permanent damage.
- Please be careful while installing and removing the LCD from the ribbon’s LCD connector, as they are both extremely fragile.