Retro Pixel IPS LCD with Laminated Lens for Game Boy Color
The updated version of Funny Playing's Retro Pixel IPS for GBC is here! With all the features you love from the previous version, this edition includes a number of additions; most notably, a screen lens that comes already adhered to the LCD and an illuminated "Game Boy Color" logo.
This display is compatible with our Funny Playing Shell (with text) for Game Boy Color and our Funny Playing Shell (No Text) for Game Boy Color.
- Illuminated "Game Boy Color" logo in a variety of colors
- Crisp, vibrant display
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- 25% larger than the stock LCD
- Multi-level touch brightness control
- 5 display modes (default/none, vertical scanlines (standard, dark, or thick), and retro pixel grid)
- Laminated screen lens eliminates the need for lens installation
- Controls to adjust the positioning of LCD image
- 1x Q5 IPS LCD
- 1x Ribbon cable
- 1x Touch sensor (extra)
- 2x 120mm wire (Start & Select)
- 1x 50mm wire (Power)
The functionality of the LCD is as follows:
- A short tap of the touch sensor will cycle through 7 brightness levels
- A long hold of the touch sensor will cycle through retro pixel effects
- A long hold of start + select will enter function mode; holding start + select again will exit function mode
- While in function mode:
- Tapping the touch sensor will cycle through different words in the GBC logo
- With "game" selected, start and select will move the display up and down
- With "boy" selected, start and select will move the display left and right
- With "color" selected, start and select will cycle through color options for the GBC logo
- Some soldering is required, install as shown here
- We recommend using this LCD with Funny Playing's GBC shells, as they are designed to make installation of this kit as easy as possible; while this kit can be installed on other shells, some shell modification is required to accommodate the pre-adhered lens
- If you encounter a situation where the logo is partially missing, hold start select for 8 seconds.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your console. Please follow our Display Testing Guide to confirm the kit is working before the adhesive is secured, the display protection sheet removed, or any non-critical soldering to the ribbon or driver PCB. We are unable to accept returns or replacements on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts may be available in the "Included" section above.
- The ribbon is very fragile, be sure to handle it carefully to avoid damage.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the display, do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the display before attempting to install it.