Retro Pixel IPS with Laminated Lens (Full Black) for Game Boy Color
This IPS kit from Funny Playing is the perfect choice for upgrading the display on your GBC. Featuring adjustable brightness, five different display effects, and a pre-installed full black lens, this easy installation will have your Game Boy Color games looking better than ever!
- Crisp, vibrant display
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- 25% larger than the stock LCD
- Multi-level touch brightness control
- 5 display modes (default/none, vertical scanlines (standard, dark, or thick), and retro pixel grid)
- Laminated screen lens eliminates the need for lens installation
- Controls to adjust the positioning of LCD image
- 1x IPS LCD with laminated screen lens of your choice
- 1x Ribbon cable
- 1x Touch sensor (extra)
- 2x 120mm wire (Start & Select)
- 1x 50mm wire (Power)
The functionality of the LCD is as follows:
- A short tap of the touch sensor will cycle through 7 brightness levels
- A long hold of the touch sensor will cycle through retro pixel effects
- A long hold of start + select will enter function mode; holding start + select again will exit function mode
- While in function mode:
- Tapping the touch sensor will cycle through different options
- With the first option selected, start and select will move the display up and down
- With the second option selected, start and select will move the display left and right
- This product has no Game Boy Color illuminated logo.
- Some soldering is required, install as shown here
- We recommend using this LCD with Funny Playing's GBC shells, as they are designed to make installation of this kit as easy as possible; while this kit can be installed on other shells, some shell modification is required to accommodate the pre-adhered lens
- The ribbon is very fragile, be sure to install it carefully.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Color. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.