Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!
If you're looking for a crisp, full-sized backlit LCD for your Game Boy, look no further than this IPS LCD kit. This kit contains everything required to give your old DMG a bright new display. In addition, the viewing area is the same size as the stock display, meaning no special lens is required!
The DIY kit will provide you with all that you need to install this LCD, and will require some soldering for the Game Boy speaker(not included).
- LCD replacement for original Game Boy
- Includes replacement front PCB with button contacts
- Minor soldering is required (two wires)
- Minor shell trimming required
- Same viewing area as the original display
- On screen display to control settings
- Brightness control
- Multiple color modes to choose from
- "Color adjust" option to allow for further customization of color palette
- 1 x IPS LCD
- 1 x Front PCB
- 1 x Video Driver PCB
- 1 x Front PCB Ribbon Cable
- 1 x Video Driver PCB Ribbon Cable
- 1 x Glass Screen Lens
- 1 x Bracket
- 1 x Adhesive
- The kit includes a bracket, but we also have our own in-house "upgraded" bracket, available on our Thingiverse
- This is an aftermarket product and may not feel identical to its genuine counterpart
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the tape, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD.
- Some minor shell modification is required, involving cutting the screw posts on the interior front of the shell. This trimming can be accomplished with a pair of side cutters.
- On-screen battery display is a rough estimate, and may not be accurate
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.