IPS LCD (RIPS v4) for Game Boy
If you're looking for a crisp, full-sized backlit LCD for your Game Boy, look no further than this IPS LCD kit. This kit contains everything required to give your old DMG a bright new display. In addition, the viewing area is 11% bigger than the stock display, meaning you will have to trim the shell a little bit!
The DIY kit will provide you with all that you need to install this LCD, and will require some soldering for the Game Boy speaker(not included).
- LCD replacement for original Game Boy
- Includes replacement front PCB with button contacts
- Minor soldering is required (two wires)
- Minor shell trimming required (screw posts, viewport and contrast wheel cavity)
- Multiple color modes to choose from
- New to v4: "color adjust" option to allow for further customization of color palette
- Brightness control (replaces contrast wheel)
v4 DIY Kit:
- 1 x IPS LCD
- 1 x Front PCB
- 1 x Video Driver PCB
- 1 x Front PCB Ribbon Cable
- 1 x Video Driver PCB Ribbon Cable
- 1 x Glass Screen Lens
- 1 x 3D-Printed Bracket
- 1 x Adhesive
- The files for the V4 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here
- This is an aftermarket product and may not feel identical to its genuine counterpart
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the tape, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section for the v3.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD.
- Some minor shell modification is required, involving cutting the screw posts on the interior front of the shell. This trimming can be accomplished with a pair of side cutters.
- For v4 kits, the display on the LCD may be misaligned to the viewport; holding the brightness wheel will bring up an options display, where you can adjust the horizontal and vertical position of the image to align it with the console viewport
- On-screen battery display is a rough estimate, and may not be accurate
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.